On Campus Paid Leadership Development Internship
CompanyThe National Society of Leadership and Success
DescriptionGET AN ON-CAMPUS PAID INTERNSHIP TO DEVELOP LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT SKILLS THAT EMPLOYERS AND GRADUATE SCHOOLS ARE LOOKING FOR!
Click the "Find Out More" button above to submit your resume and application.
The National Society of Leadership and Success is the largest collegiate leadership honor society in the United States with over 500 chapters and more than half a million members, who collectively have completed over 282,000 hours of community service. Society members have lifetime access to benefits including over a quarter-million dollars annually in exclusive scholarship and awards. Society membership provides students with the professional leadership training needed to gain a competitive edge in the employment market. While many chapters are established through an administrator or affiliated with a specific department, the Society also provides a developmental opportunity for outstanding student leaders to establish their own leadership program on campus.
This two-semester, paid leadership internship is for students of any major who want to develop real world skills in management, budgeting, communication, public speaking, marketing, and event planning. Reporting to a Student Program Director at our National Office, your role as an intern is to source and manage a team of student leaders to effectively plan a series of life-changing events on your campus. These responsibilities range from recruiting an advisor and executive board to researching and submitting any necessary paperwork to become a registered student organization or become affiliated with a specific department. The successful candidate will have strong communication and leadership skills. This internship is conducted on campus and open to freshmen, sophomores, and juniors only.
What are some of the benefits of being a Society Intern?
- Gain real world experience and receive a $1,500 stipend
- Attend an all-expenses-paid leadership training retreat
- Receive an on-campus internship with flexible hours around your class schedule
- Develop the essential leadership skills employers and graduate schools are looking for
- Learn skills in the following areas: Management, Budgeting, Fundraising, Communication, Public Speaking, Marketing, Public Relations, and Event Planning
- Impressive addition to your professional resume
- Get more students involved on campus and build a legacy
If this sounds like something that you would like to be a part of, please click the "Find Out More" button below to submit your resume and application.
Apply now as only one intern is hired per campus and qualified candidates are accepted immediately upon successful completion of the recruiting process. Please note that students at schools with existing chapters are ineligible for this opportunity.
Related UVA Jobs Listings
CONTINUE JOBS SEARCH
GET NEW LISTINGS DELIVERED DAILY
UVA Internships NEWS ARTICLES
- 3 Tips to Answering Popular Interview Questions: Perfecting Your...
- Top 5 Ideal Charities for Student Volunteers in Minneapolis
- This Cover Letter Will Land You That Internship
- Details to Consider Before Accepting a Summer Internship
- 10 Tips Before You Start Your First Internship
- How to Be Successful at the Career Fair
- 6 Productive Ways to Spend Your Summer
BROWSE OTHER COLLEGES
- By CollegeCollege of William and MaryGeorge Mason UniversityVirginia TechVirginia Commonwealth UniversityUniversity of VirginiaJames Madison UniversityOld Dominion UniversityLiberty UniversityChristopher Newport UniversityECPISweet Briar CollegeRandolph CollegeLongwood UniversityLynchburg CollegeUniversity of RichmondHampton UniversityVirginia Military InstituteShenandoah UniversityRadford UniversityAverett UniversityBridgewater CollegeEastern Mennonite UniversityEmory and Henry CollegeFerrum CollegeHampden-Sydney CollegeMary Baldwin CollegeMarymount UniversityNational CollegeNorfolk State UniversityRandolph-Macon CollegeRegent UniversityRoanoke CollegeThe Art Institute of WashingtonThe University of Virginia's College at WiseUniversity of Mary WashingtonVirginia State UniversityVirginia Union UniversityVirginia Wesleyan CollegeWashington and Lee UniversityNorthern Virginia Community CollegeVirginia International UniversityTidewater Community CollegeSouthern Virginia UniversityVirginia's Community CollegeBlue Ridge Community College (VA)Central Virginia Community CollegeDabney S Lancaster Community CollegeDanville Community College Eastern Shore Community CollegeJ Sargeant Reynolds Community CollegeJohn Tyler Community College Mountain Empire Community CollegeNew River Community College Patrick Henry Community CollegeSouthwest Virginia Community CollegeThomas Nelson Community CollegeVirginia Highlands Community CollegeVirginia Western Community CollegeStratford University
- By State
- By City