DescriptionWhat do you seek in your career path? An opportunity for growth? A chance to succeed? A fun, exciting work environment? Blending all of these together is the difference between a good job and a great career. At IHOP youll discover a balance between work life and personal life, as well as a wealth of benefits for your health, future, family and happiness. We strive to encourage, enrich and celebrate our associates every day. Why? Its simple we found its the best way to help people reach their potential. It all starts with our inclusive culture, which welcomes and embraces collective differences and the strengths these differences create. If this sounds like the kind of workplace you would enjoy, please apply now! Primary Responsibilities: Greets (both arriving and departing) and seats all guests in a friendly manner and assists in maintaining the overall guest flow of the restaurant. Specific Functions and Duties: Opens door for guests arriving and departing as needed. Accommodates any special needs of guests, i.e., boosters, highchairs, disabilities, etc. Seats guests properly rotating tables using the seating chart. Manages the wait list when the restaurant is full. Provides guest assistance to servers as needed. Maintains a clean and organized work area and completes cleaning as assigned. Processes credit card, gift card and cash transactions. Processes To-Go orders. Answers phone. Operates cash register to accurately maintain cash balance. (the above is not an all-inclusive job description). Qualifications are: Ability to wipe down table tops, table legs, pick up debris off the floor and wipe down booth seats in all areas of the restaurant. Reading, writing and verbal communication skills required. Mobility required during the entire shift. Must be available to work days, nights, weekends and holidays.
Related UVA Jobs Listings
CONTINUE JOBS SEARCH
GET NEW LISTINGS DELIVERED DAILY
UVA Jobs NEWS ARTICLES
- 5 Feelings You Experience Before Graduation, as Told by the Gilmore...
- 5 Struggles Women Face in the Workplace as Told by "Mad Men"
- Why You Should Be a Camp Counselor This Summer
- 3 Tips to Answering Popular Interview Questions: Perfecting Your...
- Job Hunting? Demand for Financial Planners Growing
- Ways to Relax When You Feel Anxious About the Job Hunting Process
- Benefits of Volunteering During College
BROWSE OTHER COLLEGES
- By CollegeCollege of William and MaryGeorge Mason UniversityVirginia TechVirginia Commonwealth UniversityUniversity of VirginiaJames Madison UniversityOld Dominion UniversityLiberty UniversityChristopher Newport UniversityECPISweet Briar CollegeRandolph CollegeLongwood UniversityLynchburg CollegeUniversity of RichmondHampton UniversityVirginia Military InstituteShenandoah UniversityRadford UniversityAverett UniversityBridgewater CollegeEastern Mennonite UniversityEmory and Henry CollegeFerrum CollegeHampden-Sydney CollegeMary Baldwin CollegeMarymount UniversityNational CollegeNorfolk State UniversityRandolph-Macon CollegeRegent UniversityRoanoke CollegeThe Art Institute of WashingtonThe University of Virginia's College at WiseUniversity of Mary WashingtonVirginia State UniversityVirginia Union UniversityVirginia Wesleyan CollegeWashington and Lee UniversityNorthern Virginia Community CollegeVirginia International UniversityTidewater Community CollegeSouthern Virginia UniversityVirginia's Community CollegeBlue Ridge Community College (VA)Central Virginia Community CollegeDabney S Lancaster Community CollegeDanville Community College Eastern Shore Community CollegeJ Sargeant Reynolds Community CollegeJohn Tyler Community College Mountain Empire Community CollegeNew River Community College Patrick Henry Community CollegeSouthwest Virginia Community CollegeThomas Nelson Community CollegeVirginia Highlands Community CollegeVirginia Western Community CollegeStratford University
- By State
- By City